50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where did the term "Blog" come from?

So as I sat here and created this blog, I began to wonder... Where did the term "blog" even come from? Maybe you were already smarter than me in this respect and you knew but I had no idea. Thus, I embarked upon a little self-assigned research project about the history of blogging.

The first thing I found was that the term "blog" was coined as a contraction for the phrase "web log". The idea of a web log was started as a sort of public online diary. As the concept progressed, people began not to document their actions and thoughts, but soon were writing about whatever came to mind.

The world blogging community became known as the "blogosphere" and individual blogs gained popularity for research projects as sources of citation. Furthermore, reading blogs has become much more common over the years, as people become more unsatisfied with their lives in search of better fictitious alter egos or lives.

Maybe making this blog was a good thing. I see why people enjoy doing this. It's easy to type one of these and just let it flow. Hopefully I'll continue and join the "blogosphere" permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment