50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Creatures of the Night

Have you ever been the only one awake in the house during the wee hours of the night? At this very moment, I happen to be that guy. I'm sitting in my room with all the lights on, composing this blog entry, while watching The Office. As the number of people online on Facebook to chat with dwindles, I become more and more restless, I begin to search for activities to engage in. I suppose subconsciously I desire to prolong this special feeling of solitude.

As a matter of fact, the last person I was chatting with just signed off. I don't know what it is, perhaps it's the possibility of events transpiring that cannot be prevented by maternal authority figures. Just an hour or two ago, I surmounted my struggles against laziness and retrieved a Coca-Cola out of the refrigerator. I highly doubt such actions would go unpunished had a parental unit been present.

It's not only nighttime loneliness that I'm fond of, I appreciate immensely the times when I am home alone and limitless activities available at my disposal. Exam week may have been my ideal week for such time, as we were released from school at noon each day. I spent up to 6 hours at home alone watching television, eating, and sleeping. Not that I engage in infinite amounts of tomfoolery and shenanigans while my parents aren't home, but the concept supervision's absence fills one's entire being with a sense of satisfaction and superiority incomparable to anything else.

But for now, the most I can do is cherish the hour I spend at home alone between the time I get home from the bus and the time my mother and sister arrive home from work and school, respectively.

Now I'm left to wonder when my next afternoon of [mis]adventures may occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment