50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Random Thought of the Day #3: Asians


Among my friends, I am very much considered the Asian of the group because all of my friends are white or Hispanic or black. However, it has become more and more evident to me that I am considered the white kid among my mother's Asian family or Asian friends. This has created a longing in me to be more Asian. I have the Asian brains, but that's it. I wish I could dance like a beast, I wish I could be awesome at video games, I wish I were funnier, I wish I grew up eating exotic foods, I wish I could do crazy stunts and martial arts. Watching videos on YouTube of guys like KevJumba and TimothyDeLaGhetto and seeing them identify to their Asian-ness and how proud of it they are only reminds me how not Asian I am.

Mostly the dancing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment