50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Flaws of Texting


Don't get me wrong, I text as much as any other guy. I have unlimited texting like everyone else in the 21st century and my phone is super-glued to my hands like the next guy. But I won't pretend that there aren't any defects in the concept of chatting non-stop, regardless of one's whereabouts.

Texting can very easily keep one from maintaining a stable conversation with real live people. I can recall many a-time when I've been with people and received a message from a friend and cease speaking to reply to my opposing converser. I will admit, it is very rude and very problematic because after I finish responding, I sometimes utter, "What was I saying...?"

Also, (and I understand other than a greater concentration, there is no way to prevent this) I have on several occasions replied with an answer to the wrong person. I won't specify who the intended recipients and what the messages were, but all I can say is that they got me into quite the pickles. Although I made my way out of the conflicts, the point is that texting is a flawed system.

Regardless of how convenient the Short Messaging System (SMS aka Text Messaging), nobody can say that the concepts are foolproof. It would be nice if people could be genetically altered to multi-task for text conversation and live conversation as well as to remember to check the "Outgoing:" bar.

Anyone willing to fix these?

No comments:

Post a Comment