50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hi, I'm looking for my immune system...


So this morning I wake up to a lovely scratchy feeling in my throat, and I groaned with disbelieve: I am ill once again. But that's not the great part. I just got over a cold. As in within the last two days. And here comes another one coming right back in to take the old one's place.

I try to do everything in my power to fight these ailments, including Sudafed, Robitussin, Mucinex, etc. Whenever I get sick I buy large cartons of Tropicana Antioxidant Advantage orange juice with 240% of the daily dose of Vitamin C. I buy bags and bags of Ricola's Honey Lemon and Hall's Fruit with Vitamin C cough drops. I tote around the small Kleenex pouches with tissues. I blow my nose constantly.

At this point, I've almost given up. It's nearly freezing outside and I don't think I have a fighting chance. It's not a bad cold, just an irritating one. But really, it's been TWO DAYS since I got over the last one. I'm just thinking, "Hello, Immune System. I'm just wondering what the hell's going on. Are you going on strike or protesting or something? Because whatever your demands are I'll concede to them."

Being sick sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment