50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Day of Winter Break

As the clock ticks and my hours of freedom from classes and teachers dwindles to a close, I am suddenly filled with all of the responsibilities that I was assigned for the Winter Break and I have several tasks to attend to.

First and foremost, I have a plethora of assignments to complete before returning. This includes a book report for English, three Psych worksheets, four pages in my Psych scrapbook, a Psych packet for Chapter 8: Learning, a 20-page outline for AP World History, and a review for AP World. It was also recently brought to my attention that I had a semester review packet for Spanish 3. Just my luck; I left it at school.

However, yesterday it hit me that I had two days left to slack off and I did my book report for English on the Autobiography of Anthony Kiedis (I only recommend this book if you're a big Chili Peppers fan, it's not very well-written; more of a "this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened..." type read). I also did my Scrapbook pages regarding Piaget's Stages of Cognitive Development.

Luckily I was proactive and did my worksheets, 5 pages of my World outline, and my Psych packet. I kept telling myself, "Okay, you'll do 5 pages of the outline Sunday night, and it's not due until Wednesday, so then you'll do 5 pages of it Monday and Tuesday." But tonight when I went to do it, I just walked past my backpack and sat in my desk chair. I suppose I became content with doing 7 and a half Monday and 7 and a half Tuesday. I have a serious procrastination problem. If I don't do something when it's assigned, I will wait until the last minute to begin it.

As I think prospectively of the day to come tomorrow and gloomily at my backpack and the work within it, I can only begin to form a list of the preparations I must engage in before tomorrow. I have to make lunch, pick my clothes, get my work together, find out who's driving in the carpool tomorrow so I can ensure that I actually GET to school, etc.

On top of that, I think retrospectively of how quickly 2009 passed. Is it just me or did New Year's Eve/Day seem like just a month or so ago? I can't believe it's already been a full year. I guess the old saying "Time flies when you're having fun" can be altered to say "Time flies". It really is true, everything seems slow when you're thinking ahead about the future, but when you take the time to look back, everything seems as if it happened so rapidly.

That includes how long you took reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment