50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Firefighters

I sit and observe, not an active member
Though occasionally I will take a poke at the embers
Add fuel until the flame is an appropriate height
Finally, an adequate source of light
Erect a screen on which you project the show
A pay-per-view fight rather, as you exchange blows

From a safe distance, I sit and enjoy the view
Your brawls, so routine, present nothing new
Until the screen ignites; fire chases me
But I've no place to go, nowhere to flee
I prepare for battle and hoist my sword
Off to fight I go, please forgive me, Lord

Though evenly matched we three may be
Experience is your advantage over me
Back and forth we quarrel, no progress made
We tire and retreat back to the shade
Trouble may never cease to brew
But we'll all be friends in a day or two

No comments:

Post a Comment