50% Filipino + 50% White = 100% Fresh Daily.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Sword

I've just set sail,
My sword in hand.
Land ho! is called
Before I planned.

I feel that I've
Been here before.
This place is not
A foreign shore.
Familiar yes,
But I want more.

Legend holds
There is a beach,
Always in sight,
Just out of reach.
How to get there,
You cannot teach.

Inhabitants
Are native, so
How to find it
They do not know.

A man stands there.
Drop your sword! he shouts.
Can I trust him?
I have my doubts.
Why?, I call.
You'll soon find out.

I toss the sword
Into the sea.
The man, he grins.
I gasp with glee.
The shore draws nearer
Towards me.

Is this not
The land you seek?

I nodded yes;
I could not speak.
My future here
Would not be bleak.

Never again pick up a blade
If you enjoy this peace we've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment